Sweet Sticks Metallic Edible Paint
Edible Art Decorative Paint by Sweet Sticks is a range of revolutionary paints made in Australia. With a unique blend of 100% edible ingredients they can paint, dry and be rub free on many surfaces making cake decorating quicker, easier and more effective.
Edible metallic paints can be applied a number of ways but good quality, food grade brushes and long brush strokes are highly recommended.
The paint is ready to use straight from the bottle, so there is no need to mix it with any other ingredients. Once applied and dried the pigment is sealed within the surface – no dust or smudges!
Edible Art Paint can paint on many surfaces such as:
- Crusted buttercream (Butter and sugar only recipes)
- Sugar cookies
- Modelling chocolate
- Fruit ie: Berries
Side note: Our metallic paint works on some royal icing recipes but not on all therefore we do not recommend painting on royal icing.
Best Tips & Tricks to get you started!
- There is a lot of lustre in one bottle. We highly recommend before use to open the lid and give the product a good stir as the lustre might be stuck at the bottom of the bottle. If that is the case when you try and paint you might be left with a transparent finish. Open lid, stir until all ingredients are mixed well, put the lid back on and give a quick shake. If this step is done correctly you will have a beautiful thick, opaque metallic paint.
- Brushes play a big role in your overall quality finish. If using a cheap quality brush you may be left with brush strokes and an uneven finish. Invest in quality brushes if you can.
- Drying time can vary based on what surface you are painting on, how thick the coat is and humidity levels. For a quicker dry time thin coats are recommended and avoid painting in high humidity conditions. Drying needs to be done by air drying. If not air dried correctly, you may be left with an after taste. Be sure it is touch dry before placing it into the fridge. When dry, your surface will be rub free and tasteless.
- The best before date is our recommended times to use the paint within to get the best results. The ingredients used do not have an expiry date as such but the quality may not be the same if used outside the best before dates.